I was wondering if anyone else has ever noticed how Alma 51 is a rehash of the American Revolution? Take a read tonight if you have the book and tell me what you think. If you need a copy, you can find it electronically at www.lds.org
King-Men = British
Freemen = American Revolutionaries
Moroni ~ George Washington
Standard of Liberty = The flag of the revolution
Key words – Free government, freedom, voice of the people, people of liberty, defend their country.
Key ideas – nobility and high born against the [commoners], defending cities near the sea, the opposition is a greater number and force.
I’m sure there are other similarities, but these are the ones that stood out.
- I used to be Mormon now I’m an atheist.
- I love being a father. I wanted to be a dad since I was a teen.
- I clean the house by instinct. I just start grabbing stuff and putting it away…but I can stop anytime.
- I really enjoy challenges. If it comes easy, it was likely not worth it.
- I can fix almost anything around the house. I grew up with the philosophy of fix it till it completely falls apart, then scavenge those parts for other things.
- I have many hobbies, but am trying to reduce them. Currently, I’m focused on leather and wood.
- I am an avid reader, but it has to be science fiction, fantasy or learning a new skill.
- I love Star Trek. I can almost repeat all TNG episodes by heart.
- I’m totally into my wife…see #4 above.
- I love technology. I like picking up new programs and hardware and seeing how I can use it to further my entertainment.
- I love discussing philosophical issues, I just don’t know many people who also like to.
- I like to workout. I like the pain, the sweat and the ache after.
- I like comic books and the movies based on them. I was a Joker and Wolverine fan before it became popular.
- I think the federal government is too big. What the hell does DC know about what we need in DFW?
- I like being an accountant. I enjoy numbers, analysis, research, etc. I just hate data entry. 😛
- I want only the best for my little girls. I want them to be strong, independent and I want them to dote on me always.